You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

RMW 30-74 Rotrex Kit (top mount version)
05-28-2011, 11:56 AM (This post was last modified: 05-29-2011 07:22 PM by Jan.)
RMW 30-74 Rotrex Kit (top mount version)
Rotrex superchargers are the latest in forced induction systems offering high efficiency, compactness, reliability and silent operation. The C range consists of the C15, C30 and C38 families.

With the unique combination of compactness and efficiency, the Rotrex supercharger leads the way in drivable, high performance supercharged applications.

Where the efficiencies of the Roots- and screw-type superchargers trail off at higher pressure ratios, Rotrex continues to provide the best thermodynamic efficiency under extreme conditions. This has been demonstrated on a number of high performance applications, such as the Twin-charged Koenigsegg CCX and Koenigsegg CCXR.

Compared to traditional centrifugal superchargers, the Rotrex unit offers superior boost at lower engine speeds due to its inherent capability to accommodate high speed impeller designs. This virtue is essential for compact applications requiring more torque at low engine speeds than is usually achievable with centrifugal superchargers.

The Rotrex supercharger is standard on the Ginetta (Farbio) GTS350 and the Ginetta F400, the Caterham-Lola SP/300.R , Caterham X330 and the Caterham V8 Levante as well as the Castagna Aznom and the MELKUS RS2000.
C30 1Lt to 4.5Lt Engine Capacity
100hp to 400hp Engine Output*
120,000 rpm Maximum Impeller Speed
1 : 9.49 Gear Ratio

Key to the Rotrex supercharger's unique compactness, efficiency, low noise and reliability is its state of the art traction drive technology.

Great speeds and low noise are just some of the advantages of traction drives over traditional gear transmissions. Traction drives transmit power through friction forces between its rolling elements.

The Rotrex patented traction drive uses an elastic annulus with a small pre-span to secure contact between the roller planets and the sun shaft with a reasonable force. The patented "ramp effect" increases efficiency and reliability in the transmission by regulating the torque transfer capability on demand through self-adjusting planet geometry.

To enhance performance, the Rotrex traction drive uses a special traction fluid. These fluids are a new family of synthetic hydrocarbon oils and greases offering a series of unique performance advantages. Developed specially for its use in Rotrex superchargers, the SX100 momentarily increases viscosity under high surface pressure, enhancing the traction drive performance by securing the optimum friction between rolling elements while cooling and protecting the system.

This traction drive combined with the latest technology in centrifugal compression, characterized by high adiabatic efficiency and low noise, gives Rotrex superchargers an exceptional competitive edge over any other forced induction solution.

[Image: supergen.jpg]

Here is the early intercooler design , it has changed slightly but you can see how much bigger it is than the stock intercooler. It is the highest quality intercooler made by Bell Intercoolers.

[Image: stockIC-rotrexIC.jpg]

Here you can see the 30-74 mounted with Davies Craig waterpump.......you can see where they got their idea fromTongue How long before they copy me again with a Rotrex?

[Image: Rotrex.jpg]

more pieces to the puzzle
[Image: Rotrexcharger.jpg]

throttle body sits in STOCK location
[Image: Rotrexinletpipe.jpg]

early version on Longboards car, it's slightly changed because his is running 55gal per min water pump

[Image: RotrexIC.jpg]

Attached File(s)
.pdf  Rotrex_Technical_Datasheet_C30_Range_V4.0.pdf (Size: 335.56 KB / Downloads: 74)

You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

"Tuning Matters"

minimark Wrote:
....as silent as a freshly fallen snow on a crisp winter morning, a deafening hush falls across the land of Kool-Aid.....

[Image: 76V0TaO.png?1]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-28-2011, 11:57 AM (This post was last modified: 05-29-2011 09:30 PM by Jan.)
RE: RMW 30-74 Rotrex Kit (top mount version)
The Rotrex is on OEM cars.............EatonTVS is on OEM cars ...................Eaton M series on OEM Cars................is your aftermarket supercharger on OEM Cars????????? Do you think these engineers know something that you don't?

Rotrex backs it up by offering a 3yr warranty................(what does your s/c have?)

RMW is the only supplier of kits for Mini Coopers that we know of. Rotrex is one of our many sponsors and supports the efforts of RMW's time attack car. We are excited to bring this revolutionary supercharger to the Mini Community.

We have thoroughly tested this kit, in cross country endurance driving, track testing in 100deg+F weather and repeated dyno runs to check it's efficiency. We have tested this kit for over 4yrs now in every type of situation. There is NO OTHER replacement supercharger kit for Mini Coopers that has this many miles on it or amount of durability testing. It has been trouble free.
We recently ran our big race kit 5000 miles across country in the worst weather in 100yrs on the way to the Dragon and back.

RMW has designed this kit with increased compression. We have tested this kit on stock compression and deemed it NOT for RMW customers and what they expect from our products. Some may sell a kit like this, but RMW will not do this to our customers.

RMW is NOT interested in selling kits to sell kits, we believe educating the customer on why and how this kit works so well. (it may or may not be right for you) Having tested it with stock compression and bolt on parts we believe we have the right combination. There have been kits made around the world with the Rotrex but NONE have had the power or driveability of our kits.

Is it going to cost more to do this kit than a TVS or sprintex? Sure,... but it will also outperform them too. Like I said above, I'm not looking to set the world on fire by selling a 100,000 Rotrex kits. What I am out to do is provide a kit that does everything we say it will do. Nothing more, nothing less. If it's too much for you to spend for a kit I don't blame you one bit in buying something you can afford. Nothing wrong with that but I will NOT produce a kit that doesn't meet RMW expectations NO MATTER WHAT THE COST to just sell kits.......
Jan

for those that want some incredible reading.........look what Rotrex is working on.....

Attached File(s)
.pdf  Introducing the Rotrak variable speed traction drive centrifugal supercharger to fully exploit engine downsizing.pdf (Size: 1.31 MB / Downloads: 60)

"Tuning Matters"

minimark Wrote:
....as silent as a freshly fallen snow on a crisp winter morning, a deafening hush falls across the land of Kool-Aid.....

05-28-2011, 11:57 AM (This post was last modified: 05-30-2011 09:37 AM by Jan.)
Dyno Sheet area:

this is a 10:1 compression 1.6L with RMW BVH, Race Cam, Race Header,Howerton Engineering Meth kit, 30-74 rotrex and 22psi of boost
this was on 91 octane and methanol spray

[Image: Rotrex16L10to1.png]

Here is a stock bottom M45 with 17% pulley , Howerton Meth kit running same exact parts as Longboards car except Rotrex kit and 10:1 pistons
both were on 91octane and same Meth kit with same jetting
Eaton car had 17psi of boost
[Image: 16to16meth.png]

1.6L with 22psi vs 1.8L and only 19psi of boost
all parts the same except for engine size
As you can see by the boost dropping with the 1.8L how much more efficient it is than the 1.6L. Add 3 more pounds of boost back and how much more would it make?
Take away 3psi of boost on your engine and see if you make more power.....Big Grin
[Image: 18Lvs16L.jpg]

"Tuning Matters"

minimark Wrote:

05-28-2011, 11:57 AM
saved

"Tuning Matters"

minimark Wrote:

05-28-2011, 11:58 AM
saved

"Tuning Matters"

minimark Wrote:

05-28-2011, 12:15 PM
Jan, everytime I see these I feel like going with the big Rotrex instead of the TVS. I will see a what a couple cars are doing with the TVS before going with one or the other.
05-28-2011, 12:20 PM
Just ask jan to post his TVS mini graph...

[Image: tumblr_m1rdjx4Vwg1qzkikho1_250.gif]
“Have you ever noticed how some people never
have the money to do it right, but can always
find the money to do it twice ?”
Find all posts by this user
05-28-2011, 12:22 PM
(05-28-2011 12:15 PM)llabmik2 Wrote:  Jan, everytime I see these I feel like going with the big Rotrex instead of the TVS. I will see a what a couple cars are doing with the TVS before going with one or the other.

if you think the yellow car pulled hard..................and that was without the extra 30whp of the meth.............. wait til you ride in one of these big boyzTongue

"Tuning Matters"

minimark Wrote:

05-28-2011, 12:28 PM (This post was last modified: 05-28-2011 12:29 PM by Mike S.)
THANK YOU for making this post Jan.

So what exactly is included in the kit and at what price? What are the "wants" and "must have's"?

Damnit, I just bought that GP intercooler and DDM diverter Big Grin

The intercooler's and charge cooler's are making quite the stock pile in my garage. Wink

[Image: dBzlY66.jpg?1]
Find all posts by this user
05-28-2011, 12:28 PM
Have you done any E85 tunes? Or does the new ECU you are coming out with do map switching? I think a Rotrex with a E85 tune would be crazy. It would require like a 1000cc injector but I bet it would put a insane amount of power down.

How much did your mini make with the 1320TVS? What was the TQ? When did it start? Im on the fence Jan, I should have just had you install it when you were doing the Mini lol.