You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

TVS Final Prototypes
11-30-2017, 09:16 AM
RE: TVS Final Prototypes
(11-27-2017 04:15 PM)canusrufis Wrote:  I'm IN on the 8-rib set up. Guessing the ATI damper is convertible from 6-8 or is that part of the kit(s)? For group reference, I had to use the 60535 belt with the 60mm pulley. The Gate 1385mm belt, the one with the kit, would work but slipped a lot if you put your foot in it -- which is hard not to do with the TVS. F'n power everywhere. I'm already rethinking my two-year plan building bottom end.

if you really want power everywhere , get the vipec and E85Tongue

You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

"Tuning Matters"

minimark Wrote:
....as silent as a freshly fallen snow on a crisp winter morning, a deafening hush falls across the land of Kool-Aid.....

[Image: 76V0TaO.png?1]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-30-2017, 11:17 AM
Shocked RE: TVS Final Prototypes
yes I know... in the plans for later Smile I should have prefaced power everywhere going from M45 to TVS.
Find all posts by this user
12-18-2017, 10:16 AM
Jan, how are the 8-rib kits coming along? -60mm Harrop kit.
03-08-2018, 12:40 AM
Jan, how about an update on your TVS900 work. You installed a head & cam on my car last summer, and the head would like to see more PSI. Tongue

The Harrop kit expects re-use of the stock tensioner, but you're now manufacturing both 6 and 8 rib tensioners. How is your 6-rib improved over the OEM 6-rib design to provide a measurable performance benefit?

(The 8-rib will certainly reduce slippage with smallest pulleys at high RPM, but would also require matching 8-rib harmonic damper and TVS pulley kit.)

What's the price difference between the two?

'05 MCS. Drivetrain mods: 16%, GP intercooler, JCW CAI, RMW head, header & tune. Big Grin
Suspension: FSDs, IE fixed plates, 19mm bar, PowerFlex bushings, JCW brakes w/Carbotech pads.
First Mini: '67 Cooper S.
03-08-2018, 09:41 AM
Call Jan. The TVS900 is ready and works damn well -- I'll never go back to M45 - NEVER.

FYR, the stock tensioner works but at WOT I experienced slight belt slip. I've ordered the 8-rib b/c plan to go E85 later (and Jan has a conversion kit for all pulleys, including dampener). Or, you can run 6rib. He might share the tensioner design, but from the looks of it the rotational length is improved with smaller pulleys (I'm running 60mm) thus the spring compression is restored/improved so it spins without slip. But purely a guess. To be honest, I could live with the slight belt slip but now I don't have too. Wink

BTW, TVS900 install was a breeze. Kit has everything you need.