You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

TVS Final Prototypes
12-13-2013, 01:34 PM
RE: TVS Final Prototypes
Jan
Could the W2A inlet casting be used/diverted to a FMIC (will the outlet from the SC be straight up?)
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-13-2013, 01:47 PM
For those wanting to fab their own fmic I am open to that too

You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

"Tuning Matters"

minimark Wrote:
....as silent as a freshly fallen snow on a crisp winter morning, a deafening hush falls across the land of Kool-Aid.....

[Image: 76V0TaO.png?1]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
12-13-2013, 03:04 PM
TVS Final Prototypes
That would be my way to go... If I dont spend the big bucks...

Sent from 2 cans and a string...

[Image: p.jpg]

[Image: tumblr_m74uwfGtb61r59rd9o1_500.jpg]

Easily agitated, Half way retarded, and mentally unstable... Cant put up with it? SUCK MY RICHARD!!
12-13-2013, 03:59 PM
Just no real need for the extra complication of W2A,,a good FMIC would work well in the great white north.

Still never answered if the S/C output will support the FMIC or will I need to fab my own S/C output for the FMIC
12-13-2013, 04:04 PM
Why does everybody want a front mount? This isnt a Rotrex or a big turbo setup.
12-13-2013, 04:23 PM
W2A just adds more complication to the system--pump/rad etc===more things to fail/worry about.
Top mount intercooler sitting on a hot engine/poor air flow---should I go on?

FMIC may be more work to install but best solution for air temps and reliability-- just my opinion...California may benefit from W2A.
12-13-2013, 04:41 PM
Lol talk to Jan about his top mounts.

I rode in a car with one of his top mounts. When we were done, you could put your hand on the cold side of the intercooler.....so yeah please go on about top mounts.
12-13-2013, 05:02 PM (This post was last modified: 12-13-2013 05:04 PM by 1qwkmini.)
I was referring to top mounts available on the general market...still would like to keep the engine as cool as possible--hood scoop air should help.

It's just my experience with what is easily available in Canada.
12-13-2013, 05:26 PM
TVS Final Prototypes
I want the FMIC for the same reasons and more...
I want to do a bigger intake manifold, like what Jan has for the Rotrex. Under the S hood if you don't have the top mount there is lots of room for a long runner manifold with a huge plenum.
All the piping also wouldn't go in a big tight spiral over the top of the engine, it would be a more gradual set of bends to loop it around in the front bumper.
Yes the length of plumbing would cause a bit of pressure drop, and maybe even a little lag effect from having to pressurize everything. I would also need to use a narrow dual pass radiator to get the piping to the I/C, and come up with a different bypass valve configuration, perhaps even have the bypass flange built onto the closed end of the plenum, and plumbed in before the S/C.
Ive thought quite a bit about routing and what not looking at my car sit without the front end on...

Sent from 2 cans and a string...

[Image: p.jpg]

[Image: tumblr_m74uwfGtb61r59rd9o1_500.jpg]

Easily agitated, Half way retarded, and mentally unstable... Cant put up with it? SUCK MY RICHARD!!
12-13-2013, 05:43 PM
You guys are funny....I'll leave it at that.