You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Aquamist HFS-3 and MINI Tank GB
07-19-2011, 05:27 PM (This post was last modified: 08-07-2011 04:46 PM by Howerton Engineering.)
Aquamist HFS-3 and MINI Tank GB
The GB in now closed.

Let me apologize for the delay in getting this going. Moving to the new shop, other large orders and various other things have had us busy 24/7. We have ordered more sheet metal and parts to build up the tank units, and are going to attempt a unit for the right side of the car as well. I don't see why it wouldn't work, but until it's in our hands I can't promise anything.

With all that said, here's the terms:

The GB is for the HFS-3 with MINI Cooper trunk tank, as seen in ThumperMCS's HFS-3 thread. List Price is $898. GB Price is $799. List price will be increasing after the GB.

We can also supply the HFS-2 with tank for $599 for the GB.

We must get 10 signups for the GB to go through.

With the kit, we will supply 3 jets appropriate for your application, and you can choose, assuming the mirroring works, a left or right hand tank. Any extras are at normal pricing. These options are:

Baffling (requires new Level switch) $65
LED Light for the tank level $35
All top mount penetrations (includes new level switch) $50

The signup begin now and runs through July 31st. After the GB closes there is a 25% non-refundable deposit required to be paid before August 6th.

We will try to start shipping kits before the end of August, but cannot guarantee anything right now. The order for the sheet metal is at the fabricators, and could be ready in 2 weeks, or it could take 4 weeks. Until I have a build date, I cannot guarantee the shipment. I should be able to give a much firmer date by the time the signups are closed.
Post up any questions and we'll try to get everything answered. We appreciate your business.

DISCLAIMER: Color blind and other similarly challenge folks will be charged an extra technical feeBig Grin

1. Ken Green
2. Chris Price
3. Tyler Robinson
4. Sooper Cooper
5. Rick Houser
6. BostonR56
7. silhouette88
8. Lasrguy
9. Unplugged
10. Killerfox
11. Ray Mazeika
12. Brownpants
13. Engine 58
14. HbSean
15. LMFiorillo
16. curv872
17. Buli

Red denoted we have received your deposit and info.

Here is a link to the LED colors, scroll down to mid-page: Tank LED's

Here's a link to the Factory Manual

A couple of more details. To get the kit setup to each car, here's the basic info we'll need at some point, I'll probably email everyone a form or list to send back after the GB sign up is closed

1) 53 or 56
2) Injector size, appox. HP level
3) Fluid you wish to run 50/50, 75/25, 100% etc.
4) Red or Blue gauge face, can be seen HERE under main pic.
5) Left or Right tank.(still confirming the right tank setup)
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-19-2011, 06:19 PM
RE: Aquamist HFS-3 and MINI Tank GB
7 more to go........

You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

"Tuning Matters"

minimark Wrote:
....as silent as a freshly fallen snow on a crisp winter morning, a deafening hush falls across the land of Kool-Aid.....

[Image: 76V0TaO.png?1]
07-19-2011, 06:34 PM
That is top price for a system that is as easy as plug it together and away you go. Wish I had that one instead of all the wiring I had to do!! A right side tank would be good as well for the people who have the steering wheel on the correct side!!!!
Find all posts by this user
07-19-2011, 06:34 PM
(07-19-2011 06:34 PM)scolburn79 Wrote:  That is top price for a system that is as easy as plug it together and away you go. Wish I had that one instead of all the wiring I had to do!! A right side tank would be good as well for the people who have the steering wheel on the correct side!!!!

you mean the WRONG sideTongue

"Tuning Matters"

minimark Wrote:
....as silent as a freshly fallen snow on a crisp winter morning, a deafening hush falls across the land of Kool-Aid.....

07-19-2011, 06:35 PM
No no, I meant the right side....LOL
07-19-2011, 06:38 PM
(07-19-2011 06:34 PM)scolburn79 Wrote:  That is top price for a system that is as easy as plug it together and away you go. Wish I had that one instead of all the wiring I had to do!! A right side tank would be good as well for the people who have the steering wheel on the correct side!!!!

I might have an option for a right side tank soon! Wink
07-19-2011, 06:40 PM
(07-19-2011 06:35 PM)scolburn79 Wrote:  No no, I meant the right side....LOL

[Image: tumblr_lo1t8df0N51qfol3so1_400.gif]

"Tuning Matters"

minimark Wrote:

07-19-2011, 06:41 PM (This post was last modified: 07-19-2011 06:45 PM by scolburn79.)
(07-19-2011 06:40 PM)Jan Wrote:  
(07-19-2011 06:35 PM)scolburn79 Wrote:  No no, I meant the right side....LOL

[Image: tumblr_lo1t8df0N51qfol3so1_400.gif]

ROFLMAO

(07-19-2011 06:38 PM)jcw2006aus Wrote:  

I might have an option for a right side tank soon! Wink

The Left Side tank was just a pain for the wiring side of it. Which is easier now that I look at it. If you go the right side you will have to plumb to that side. It is easier to plumb to the left side. The wiring harness comes with the plugs and you just plug it in. Just means more hose that's all.

But what am I talking about....I haven't even got mine tuned for it yet!!! Too many projects not enough money!!
07-19-2011, 08:46 PM
Add me to the list please. Thanks Jeff, it's a great deal.

BTW, what happened to the NAM thread? I can't access it anymore. There were guys over there that would be interested in signing up as well.

2009 MINI John Cooper Works
07-19-2011, 08:53 PM
(07-19-2011 08:46 PM)sooper_cooper Wrote:  Add me to the list please. Thanks Jeff, it's a great deal.

BTW, what happened to the NAM thread? I can't access it anymore. There were guys over there that would be interested in signing up as well.

I put up an announcement for the group buy
the Nazis are out in full force again.......Sad

"Tuning Matters"

minimark Wrote: