You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

RMW Street Header
07-29-2016, 02:32 PM
RMW Street Header
So I've slowly been hearing a rattle from underneath the past few weeks. It occurs at idle cold, then it occurs around 1500-2000 RPM warmed up. Put my MINI on the lift today, and my pal said it's coming from the catalytic converter.

Now... I can find OEM manifolds on the German E-Bay all day long for €100-150. It seems they are the same part whether it's an R50, R52, or R53 (of course, left-hand drive). I'm OK with getting one for now. But I'm also considering an RMW street header. The plan was to get one later anyway whenever I got around to ordering a new motor.

And considering... does anyone have a used street header for sale, or knows someone willing to part with one? I see I missed a header for $400 in the For Sale section by about five months. The next question is... will I need to get another tune done? You can see my mods in my signature; I already have an RMW tune. I am also reading about spacers and CEL codes, for which I am under the impression they have been remedied by now. Germans have zero tolerance for engine lights and will fail you at inspection if any of them are on (i.e. CEL, ABS, airbag). And I have an A/F gauge (though it's a narrow band, I still want the provision for whenever I get around to changing it out), so I will have to weld in an extra bung.

Thanks for your help.

[Image: signature7.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-29-2016, 09:54 PM
RE: RMW Street Header
best to get the newest header as it has the GESI cat and will not throw a P0420 code

You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

"Tuning Matters"

minimark Wrote:
....as silent as a freshly fallen snow on a crisp winter morning, a deafening hush falls across the land of Kool-Aid.....

[Image: 76V0TaO.png?1]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
07-30-2016, 01:49 AM
OK, I appreciate the recommendation. It will have to wait a bit. Will get another OEM one for now.

[Image: signature7.jpg]
07-30-2016, 06:09 PM (This post was last modified: 07-30-2016 06:18 PM by shifter.)
If you're interested, I have an OBX header and OEM cat (77k miles on the cat, slightly less on the header), that just came off my '06 R52. The header has been thermal coated by Jet Hot Coat, but some of the cosmetic blue top coat has flaked off in some spots. Let me know if you want photos. $350.